Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Today, being "dblog day", we've been asked what six things we would like people to know about type 1 diabetes. I figured I'd ask Taylar herself and get her input and help here... in her own words.
- Diabetes is when your pancrease doesn't make insulin and you have to go to the hospital.
- I want people to know about the OmniPod and that I like it a lot because you don't have to get shots.
- People with type 1 diabetes can eat whenever they are feeling hungry, well, except at school. But you need insulin to help me not get "high" and to cover the carbs.
- Oh, you can't catch diabetes from a friend. It's just happens.
- When you're the only kid at school that has diabetes, you feel special sometimes. (Yes, she is the only student out of about 300 kids)
- Diabetes doesn't mean you're an odd person.