Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Chip Cookies


Fall is in full swing here and I cannot get enough receipes with pumpkin and apples.  The smell of cinnamon wafting through the house just smells so comforting.  These cookies have become a favorite around here this time of year.

Pumpkin Chip Cookies
1C canned pumpkin
1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
1 1/4C sugar (or Splenda)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2C flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. each cinnamon AND nutmeg (or use 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice)
1C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream butter and sugar/splenda.  Beat in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla.

Combine dry ingredients.  Add to the pumpkin mixture.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Bake 8-10 minutes of greased cookie sheet.  Store these soft cookies with wax paper between layers.

I didn't know what I was going to put in this little pumpkin jar when I bought it, but now I do! 


This recipe makes 2 1/2 dozen soft cookies.

1 cookie = 10g carbs if using Splenda, 15g carbs if using sugar.

3 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin cookies...I think Heidi Timm from A Work In Progress is a big fan too. She made some a few days ago.

    Hi, I found you through Heather's Blog (A Sweet Grace). My name is Reyna and I write for Beta Buddies...good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin but these sound REALLY good to me!

    And Reyna, my blog is Sweet to the Sou....;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look good! loving all the pumkin recipes this time of year.

    ReplyDelete